Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Like riding a bicycle....

So today I had to travel into the office for the wild and wierd experience of "going to work" because our cable company has a major outage and my modem wouldn't connect for the third day in a row...I can't remember the last time I was here...probably more than 4 years ago when I was moving back from Virginia, living in Martin's studio apartment until our townhouse was ready...

Some odd things that came right back to me:
  • My favorite cubical is CA165, Ext. 6011 - not too far from the copier/printer and ladies room but remote enough in the room that I'm "incognito" and can't be heard on the phone
  • I still had my printer installed, and WOW! systems printers are fast, quiet and better quality than my home ink jet.
  • Its eerily quiet in the mobility center - all you can hear is the quite drone of the too cold air conditioning...and a faint buzz from those around me.
  • There is so much room to stretch out and "organize" and nothing to distract me like TV, the doorbell or laundry.
  • The cafeteria food still isn't as good as the local deli, although they do carry Dunkin' Donuts coffee now.
  • It stinks to have to get "dressed" but I still wore my flip flops and hid my feet under the desk.

I'm HOPING that the cable is restored and I can go back to comfy flannel pants and a t-shirt and flip flops tomorrow...just as productive...hey, I'm just sayin'....

1 comment: