Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random thoughts to catch up the last few months...

My messy desk, flowers from my sisters and nieces ... part of my wallowing in procrastination mode.
    I have been in "full procrastination mode" the last few months -- the year started off pretty good with my "DO" motto, but I have just lost it lately. Here are some random thoughts about the last few months:
  • I haven't posted since January 21, 2009! Time really flies -- once I get past this post, I'm sure it will be better again...one giant step...

  • I had surgery to remove endometriosis and am recovering but I still get tired sometimes...its going to be ongoing for at least the next six months to prevent it from coming back...at least it wasn't something worse...

  • Work has been crazy busy ... but I'm SO HAPPY to have a job in this economic environment; two friends husband's have lost jobs in the last month or so.

  • I'm tired from having to make follow up PHONE CALLS for every little thing from the dishwasher repair to the doctor...can't anyone get back to ME?!?!?

  • I got a bonus from work, but it was all gone within 24 hours

  • We finally got the cable modem working again, so that both Martin and I can be on the computer at the same time (PHEW! This was a rough one)

  • I finally got my taxes in to the accountant, less than a month before they were due...and I"m probably getting money BACK!

  • I finally got contacts that I can see out of, but still need reading glasses for when I read a book -- they are adjusted to my computer screen for work

  • We are going on a "Cruise to Nowhere" at the beginning of May for a long weekend...I can't wait, I have never been on a cruise ship

  • I had a great start at Weight Watches and lost 17.5 lbs, the next few are the hardest...I have to get back into the groove.

  • I'm tired of GE telling me to fix my dishwasher by using White Vinegar and Lemonade -- why can't it just be FIXED without props!

  • I'm finally getting a handle on my checkbook...I canceled all the "autopilot" payments and can finally keep track of things!

  • I have been taking pictures, but not scrapping them!

So that's the net of the last few months...now back to "regularly" scheduled posts...thanks for hanging in there with me!

1 comment:

Sandi Keene said...

It was so nice to catch up with your life. I hope you are continuing to recover (I find that I still tire easily too and it frustrates me).

No, for some reason it seems that nobody does their job anymore and you have to do everything or do without!

I LOVE cruising. I hope yours is wonderful. So relaxing!

Wish you and Grace could come over and scrap with me and Barbara!

Take care!!