Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Five people have the opportunity to win! Yes, you read that right! They are giving away FIVE spaces to the Scrap ETC event! And there are FIVE ways you can win:
1. Post a comment on the blog.
2. Tell your friends to come and post a comment, and if they do, tell us that they referred you! Both of you will get a chance!
3. Post this contest on your blog---and post a link in the comments!
4. Post a link in the comments to anywhere else online that you have posted about this!
5. Post it on your facebook or twitter status---and let us know that you did!
They will draw the names on Thursday morning, April 2! Start posting NOW! For updates and registration. If you miss anything, don't worry, you can check it out at Scrap ETC.com!
Monday, March 30, 2009
My sister and the girls come on Saturday this week...after a weekend of being sick, sick, sick (totally stuck in bed with a major head cold)...and not getting a THING done, I need to have a PLAN for this week...and I need to execute it with bulletproof precision!
So in true "Kal" style, here's the plan:
Monday - Clean the kitchen, dining room, and start to put all the decorations on my dining room table in the basement (some of them are Christmas, shhhh!)
Tuesday - Vacuum up the stairs and clean the bedroom, my bathroom, Martin's bathroom and the office; food shop
Wednesday - Who am I kidding?!? It will probably take two days to accomplish Tuesday's "list"
Thursday - Vacuum up the next set of stairs, dust and vacuum the loft, straighten out the closet so that anything "important" is out of the way so that little kids don't destroy anything, finish setting up Easter decorations.
Friday - Finish anything that didn't get done all week, pick up anything needed for our "Easter brunch" on Sunday including eggs, candy for the eggs.
Saturday - Make the souffle, buy champagne, pick up the Ricotta pie at the nearby deli
In between, I'm basically starting a new job with a new set of responsibilities at work, laundry, dishes and dinners...I can do it! Yes, I can!
Friday, March 27, 2009
1. Its like a diary you can share with friends.
2. It pushes me to take pictures so that I can share them.
3. It lets me share cards and scrapbook pages I make, and gives people ideas.
4. I originally set it up to share the progress of our log home, which is temporarily stalled due to season of the year and the economy - but has turned into so much more!
5. It allows me to share things with my sister and her girls who live 450 miles away.
6. Since I enjoy reading everyone else's blog, it allows me to "give back".
7. It allows me to keep a running history of what's happening in my life and look back at the trials and tribulations happening at the time.
8. Although sometimes I'm bad about posting, I'm always thinking about things I want to post and share.
9. Its fun to "tinker" with technology and figure out how to add different gadgets and widgets to my pages.
10. The design element of the blog itself is fun, especially now that there is House of 3 designs to add to my blog.
I have the dishwasher repairman coming today to rebuild the inside of the dishwasher and I have to get the clown car to Danbury Toyota for an oil change that is looooong over due! I think if I get those two things done, I'll be doing great today! I really need to go to the grocery store and restock the entire pantry...that's just wishful thinking, though. Just organizing dinner in my head will be taxing enough!
Have a happy Friday and I hope you are all feeling fine! Enjoy the weekend!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Facebook is known for all of its questions, surveys, top 10s, etc. This one was to type "Unfortunately + your first name" into Google and see what it comes up with....here's mine:
- Unfortunately Sara needs a bit more work on donning the hat
- Unfortunately Sarah wasn’t there when we were visiting but Bea kindly showed us around.
- Unfortunately, Sara's is trying to be too many things and ends up being mediocre overall." - ouch...
- Unfortunately Sara is not doing the Monkey here - well, that's a good thing...
- Unfortunately, Sarah has inherited her father John's big feet - they will be shown in a separate picture coming later :)
- Unfortunately Sara did not take home any awards but she was able to attend the awards ceremony and I’m sure she had a great time!
- Unfortunately, Sarah Palin doesn’t believe in women having any other type of freedom of choice! She may make a nice corn field but she would make a terrible and dangerous Vice President
- Unfortunately, Sarah can not respond to all the emails she receives, but she welcomes and appreciates your comments.
- Unfortunately, Sarah didn’t make it through the 72- hour mark without needing surgery,”
- Unfortunately Sarah saw them so Jo, wanting to protect Sarah, told him to leave. Feeling sorry for himself, he got drunk and went missing for a few days...
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
- My dishwasher would WORK and I wouldn't be on my 6th service call to get clean dishes
- There would be more hours in a day, I wouldn't be working at midnight -- or if I was, I would still have time to relax, watch tv and snuggle with my honey
- My sister and her two girls would live closer
- Food would not have calories and we wouldn't gain weight, we would all be at our ideal weight, no matter what we ate
- We wouldn't need money, everything would just be available when we needed it, as we needed it...
- The sun would always be shining and we wouldn't have any dark, cloudy, rainy or snowy days (unless we wanted them) -- and the temperature would be constant, warm but not too hot as well
- The laundry would fold itself and put itself away
- We would never get headaches
- The house would clean itself -- especially the floors!
Thanks, Wilna for making us think about our ideal world!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- I have been in "full procrastination mode" the last few months -- the year started off pretty good with my "DO" motto, but I have just lost it lately. Here are some random thoughts about the last few months:
- I haven't posted since January 21, 2009! Time really flies -- once I get past this post, I'm sure it will be better again...one giant step...
- I had surgery to remove endometriosis and am recovering but I still get tired sometimes...its going to be ongoing for at least the next six months to prevent it from coming back...at least it wasn't something worse...
- Work has been crazy busy ... but I'm SO HAPPY to have a job in this economic environment; two friends husband's have lost jobs in the last month or so.
- I'm tired from having to make follow up PHONE CALLS for every little thing from the dishwasher repair to the doctor...can't anyone get back to ME?!?!?
- I got a bonus from work, but it was all gone within 24 hours
- We finally got the cable modem working again, so that both Martin and I can be on the computer at the same time (PHEW! This was a rough one)
- I finally got my taxes in to the accountant, less than a month before they were due...and I"m probably getting money BACK!
- I finally got contacts that I can see out of, but still need reading glasses for when I read a book -- they are adjusted to my computer screen for work
- We are going on a "Cruise to Nowhere" at the beginning of May for a long weekend...I can't wait, I have never been on a cruise ship
- I had a great start at Weight Watches and lost 17.5 lbs, the next few are the hardest...I have to get back into the groove.
- I'm tired of GE telling me to fix my dishwasher by using White Vinegar and Lemonade -- why can't it just be FIXED without props!
- I'm finally getting a handle on my checkbook...I canceled all the "autopilot" payments and can finally keep track of things!
- I have been taking pictures, but not scrapping them!
So that's the net of the last few months...now back to "regularly" scheduled posts...thanks for hanging in there with me!