Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What do you wish for 2009?

I think I'm going to make this for dinner. Edited: I couldn't find pistachios anywhere in the store, so I used a Thai Peanut "breading" instead.

I'm tired of boring, not knowing what to make for dinner nights...I think my wish for 2009 will be to keep things exciting, moving forward and "out of the pile"...how's that for a transition? I'm going to ponder this for a bit longer, but it really connects with my one-word for 2009, DO...I wish that I can keep that mentality, stop wasting time...it moves quickly enough as it is...

Here's a couple more pictures, first is my veggie soup I made yesterday -- it started as a Weight Watchers veggie soup, and I just kept throwing everything that resembled a vegetable from my fridge into it, including pesto and a leftover tomato. I ended up adding some leftover orzo pasta and believe it or not, chunks of chicken from leftover Chicken Marsalla! It was delicious and I have a big container in the freezer!

The next picture is my new awesome Dansko clogs -- its not secret that my feet ALWAYS hurt me, whether I work a lot, stand up a lot, rest, whatever! I got these on sale, wore them for four hours last night and my feet and lower back feel GOOD today! So far I think they were well worth the money I spent on them.

No comments: