Ok, my long-distance friend, Sandi, considered me "tagged" so here goes:
1. I absolutely LOVE television, I can't go to sleep without watching for a while, until I'm tired.
2. Its all about the texture of food for me, I can't stand broccoli because of the "furry" flowers on it, it has to be cooked and chopped. I'm wierd about tomatoes as well, I hate grape/cherry tomatoes unless they are cut in half.
3. I love most colors, except I have never really been a blue person. It looks terrible on me, and I only really like Navy and powder blue for crafting.
4. I can't stand recycling -- I know, I know, its good for the environment, global warming, etc. but I'm from the "Throw it the F%*$&(% out" generation (the 80's) and I can't stand the mess or effort --but I try to do it.
5. I'm terrible with cards; birthday, holidays, etc. I'll be really good one year, and really bad the next. Its not that I don't care, I just can't get it together sometimes, even though I make them.
6. I HATE having to put on makeup and do my hair (which takes forever to dry and straighten). Hair and make up is an effort for me and most of the time a big waste of time.
7. I have always had a little black dress, and until recently (the last few years), wore it frequently. However, when giving the option, I'll wear red first.
8. I love to cook but hate to decide what to make -- just tell me what to cook, no matter what and for how many, and I'm fine...but sometimes deciding what to make is my hardest decision of the day.
9. I'm not a big dessert eater. I will eat it, but most of my excess body weight is from snacks, noshes and portions of food...not sweets. My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip -- I like crunchies in my ice cream (like chips or sprinkles) and will put sprinkles in my coffee (on top of whipped cream) if I'm going to be really indulgent.
10. Even though I have a coffee-themed kitchen, I was never really a coffee drinker until recently (last few years) and I have to have stuff in it (Equal, cream), not ever black, like my mom. I never have coffee in the a.m, I always drink tea with lemon for breakfast -- coffee is my dessert/treat.
11. I love doing laundry but totally hate folding it and putting it away. I will wash and dry (fluff and fold) all day -- but leave it all in a big pile at the bottom of my bed and it goes from the floor to the bed several times before it actually goes in the closets/drawers.
12. I don't like most people right out of the gate -- most every one I have worked with or have met, I'm not real keen on but they grow on me.
13. I bought a standard transmission car before I knew how to drive it. It was a little red Ford Escort GT (sport) and I barely got it home...my uncle had to take me out and teach me how to use the clutch and drive up hills.
14. I love to read junky books that I can finish in a day or two -- the more "intelligent" books usually take me forever because they are too easy to put down. I love authors like Danielle Steele, James Patterson, John Grisham because I can finish them in a day.
15. I'm blind as a bat and can't function without glasses or contacts -- don't ask me to hear you while I have my glasses off either...cause it won't happen. I need three kinds of eye gear currently, bifocals, contacts and reading glasses (hello, I'm over 40).
16. Most people laugh when I tell them my age -- people think I'm at least 10 years younger than I actually am and have had people in doctor's office go hysterical when I tell them how old I am (really, it just happened in the mall the other night).
This was much easier than I expected! Thanks, Sandi!