Monday, September 8, 2008

Quantum Wellness

Every week, my mom gives me all of her "rag mags" from the food store -- they are usually those Women's magazines touting how to lose weight, make a great cake, or the funny things kids say...but this past week, an article caught my eye and sounded interesting...it was on a 21-day cleanse that Oprah was doing, based on the Quantum Wellness theory that Kathy Freston recently wrote about...it sounded so interesting that I bought the book and have been obsessed with it since I got it! It makes sense to me, and I can lose weight while doing it! BONUS!

Its not just a "diet" its the concept of Wellness and being at peace, in balance and feeling really good overall ... its about taking time, investing in yourself and doing good things for others to make you and the world around you a better place...
I strongly advise anyone reading this blog to get the book and read it! I will "officially" start tomorrow a.m., but I actually ate a vegan dinner and snack tonight and stopped caffeine after I finished my huge unsweetened black iced tea with lemon this afternoon....so I will definitely keep you posted on my progress -- but I feel really good about it and that its something I can do fairly effortlessly. Today I went to Mrs. Greens Natural Market and got some soy products ... the cleanse is no caffeine, sugar, gluten, alcohol, meat products or dairy...for as long as you can, but they say that it takes 21 days to change a habit and your taste for things...so that's my goal. They aren't ABSOLUTE about it, they talk about "leaning in" and making small changes and keep adding to them. They also say you can lose a pound a day doing this cleanse (Oprah lost somewhere around 15-20 lbs in 3 weeks -- she blogged about it here). The theory behind the cleanse is that it gets all the chemicals and effects of possible allergy from your system ... you can add stuff back in later if you like, but many continue eating the healthy way...I'm not sure that I'm not allergic to dairy, so I'm anxious to see how I feel on this.
I made some steel cut oats for breakfast already (since they take 30 mins. to cook, I prepared them and put them in the fridge), and I have some homemade roasted tomato soup ready to go...and some great mango passionfruit decaf tea...I feel armed and ready! I'll blog here and let you know how I feel...

1 comment:

Grace said...

congrats my Sara sister!