Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy, busy -- but FUN weekend!

This past weekend was lots of fun -- kinda the "last days of summer" type of weekend, where I made the most of it...Here's what I did:

On Saturday, I drove up to Westbrook, CT to the Scrapbook Clubhouse for two Carol Wingert classes, we made two adorable mini-books, shopped at the scrapbook store, visited a flea market going on in the town as well as a Muster. We had a great lunch at a "healthy" Mexican Food place and Grace ordered everything on the menu to taste (in her defense, she thought it was more like Taco Bell, but the portions were HUGE). We went from there to IKEA in New Haven (I got my picture frame, finally), The Christmas Tree shop in Orange (scary Halloween stuff to decorate the house with) and to the AC Moore next door (looking for cool Halloween stuff for our swaps).

On Sunday my sister Carol and I went to Dinosaur Crossing in Montville, CT with Caitie... Carol had never been there so we saw all the dinosaurs again, went to the Splash pad, dug for gems... and had Dinosaur Crunch ice cream before heading home. We had a quick BBQ of hamburgers and hotdogs and a small dinosaur/dragon cake for dessert and we called it a day. (The Mine)
I glittered my Martha Stewart Halloween chandellier in between all the weekend fun -- I'm still trying to get rid of the black glitter everywhere...

I got tons of pears from my BFF Grace's dad's garden, I'll do the before and after in another post, I'm looking for a good recipe for a pear tart...I made three containers of pesto (affectionately known as "Joe's Pesto") for the freezer from the basil and have two cucumbers as well, but in the meantime, here's a picture of my neice with the zucchini (ignore the sink full of dishes, its was a busy weekend, I told you up above!)...

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Caitie is so cute! LOL! I had a womderful time as usual with you. We did so much. We must do it again soon. Hugs Grace

Sandi Keene said...

What a great weekend. I wish I could have tagged along!

I am so sorry about the little girl. What a tragic thing.