Friday, July 25, 2008

Where has July gone?!?!

Wow, I can't believe its July 25th already! Where has this month gone?

Since my sister and neices left from their visit, I had Jillian stay a few more days...she celebrate her "real" birthday with us and then travelled home with her dad.

We cooked ziti, meatballs, sausage and peppers for 325 firemen. I wish I had pictures of that pot of sauce, but it was soo crazy trying to get everything ready and keep it hot/tasting good. Lets just say that my entire body was sore for two days...stirring a pot that big is hard work! Here are some stats on what we cooked:
  • 105 lbs of sweet Italian sausage
  • two cases of peppers
  • two very large bags of onions
  • 50 lbs of chopped meat
  • 8 gallons of tomatoes
  • we tossed lettuce, cucumbers, olives, onion and tomatoes in a 30 gal. garbage bag

Other than that, not much new has been happening... I have been a little under the weather with an unexplained fever and feeling yucky...but last night I got to stamp a little and helped my friend, Dena, create 36 card fronts out of the 200 she wants to bring to the Stampin' Up! convention this year. I got to use her new scalloped edge punch -- love it!:



Only one more month to go for me covering two jobs at IBM -- hopefully my co-worker is still coming back on September 2 ... then work/life can get "back to normal".

I joined a great Halloween swap on Artsy Mama's blog. Its called the Sweet and Sinister swap...my partner is from Richmond, VA! LOL!


I have to start playing with my new Canon Rebel camera -- I got a UV filter for it, and I just heard my remote is "in" so I hope to take a great self-portrait shots.

Off to find some dinner...I promise to write soon!

1 comment:

Sandi Keene said...

Sara-
The swap looks like lots of fun. I would love to hear about it as you do it. Hope you are feeling better and continue to recover from the mystery malaise.
I will let you know how CE is this year. And if Barbara and I can swing going next year maybe we can all got together?