Thursday, May 15, 2008

It all started...

with a quick trip one lazy weekend...to look at the property Martin and his brother owned for almost 22 years -- lets go see what it looks like...if we can find it. Well, we found it, and decided we would go back when we could walk it, from the road to the property line...first we had to wait for the tall weeds and brush to die down, but before it turned into a snow covered, icy slope.


We had a shorter window than we had planned with a major snow squall in October...but we did it. I wore my grandfather's "wellie" boots (just in case there were snakes) and we tromped all the way through to the stream (I even walked through the stream to the other side of the bank). There are lots of stone walls, and it plateaus downwards...lots of trees, rocks and brush. But we decided at that moment that it would be great to build a little cabin in the woods, a little get-away that everyone could enjoy...I was really excited for my neices to experience it -- even though they are girly-girls -- I remembered the fun my sister and I had tromping up the mountain in Massachussets to a fallen cabin and all of the exploring we did.

So, we bought out Martin's brother's half, and started our quest for the perfect model.

1 comment:

Sandi Keene said...

And so it begins...

Can't wait for the next installment.Have been checking regularly.